Thursday, August 17, 2006

Jimmie Dale Gilmore w/ Mudhoney - "Buckskin Stallion Blues" (Townes Van Zandt Cover)














I'm going to Ohio for a few days and they don't have the Internet there yet so I probably won't be posting again until Tuesday. I guess I've got buckeyes on my mind, 'cause this song's been stuck in my head all day. Buckskins, buckeyes...close enough for this addled brain. Anyway, it's a nice, breezy interpretation of a fine Townes song by an unlikely pairing of talents. Enjoy.

MP3: Jimmie Dale Gilmore w/ Mudhoney ~ Buckskin Stallion Blues (Townes Van Zandt cover)

[From the 1994 Mudhoney/Jimmie Dale Gilmore split EP on Sub Pop]
Buy: [Amazon]

2 Comments:

Blogger mike weber/fairportfan said...

bought that sucker when it was new - i'm not a mudhoney fan, but jdg is just shortly shy of an alt.country god.

best track, i think, is mudhoney's cover of jdg's tonight i think i'm gonna go downtown; but buskskin stallion blues is right up there.

1:52 PM  
Blogger KTM said...

To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of either JDG or Mudhoney, but there's something about the combo on what is inherently a great song that makes it a favorite of mine.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com