Saturday, August 26, 2006

Seely: I Missed Out, Apparently














Yeah, so "it's funny how things work out" and "it really is a small world." The day after I post about Magnapop, I head to an intimate gathering at my new next-door neighbor's place. It's a nice collection of well variegated folks, and it just so happens that one of them is the kick-ass bass player/vocalist for Atlanta's Seely (she's in the foreground above, and she has a family now so don't get any ideas). I'm pretty sure I saw Seely live exactly one time, and that was an opening gig for Magnapop.

Anyway, I'm ashamed at myself for not giving this band more attention at the time. But, hey, I was just a kid. The fact that they were the first American band ever signed to the Too Pure label should give some of you reason to pause. I'm off to try to correct some of my youthful indiscretions; here are a few tracks to help you out with yours (make sure you get "Planes Circle Do"--you can thank me later):

MP3: Seely ~ Meteor Shower
MP3: Seely ~ Exploring The Planets
[From the 1996/1998 (re-release) Julie Only LP]


MP3: Seely ~ Planes Circle Do
[From the 2000 Winter Birds LP]

Buy Seely: [eMusic]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's wild, man. it truly is weird how small the world is and how things move in motion at just the right time.

-satisfied '75

2:42 AM  
Blogger KTM said...

Sat' '75,
Are you on the pot? I heard about you Californicatin' types.
KTM

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com